When you sustain injuries in a car accident, you have major challenges ahead of you. You risk spending a lot of money on medical bills, having a hard time returning to work, and experiencing pain and suffering that could last for years. To make things easier for you and your family, you should work with an experienced Cape Canaveral car accident lawyer.
What Should You do If You Get into a Cape Canaveral Car Accident?
If you get involved in a Cape Canaveral car accident, you should take the following steps right away:
- Seek immediate medical help. Insurance companies will not take your case seriously if you do not get immediate medical assistance.
- Call 911. Call the police to the accident scene to file a police report.
- Have lots of picture evidence. It would be best to take pictures of the accident scene, the impacts on the vehicles, and any sustained injuries.
- Refrain from talking to anyone about the accident. It would be best if you only spoke to the police, the doctor, and your attorney. Even so, do not admit guilt.
- Have proper documentation. Make sure you keep records of your medical expenses, lost time, and lost pay.
- Disclose to the Andrew Pickett Law attorney any past claims, lawsuits, or accidents you may have been involved in that may affect your case.
- Try to remember in great detail:
- The speeds of both vehicles
- What the other driver and witnesses at the scene had to say about the accident
- Weather or road conditions that may have contributed to the accident
- The immediate impacts of the accident
- Note the names and the contact information of the other driver and all witnesses at the scene.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Cape Canaveral, call 321-503-4014
Types of Compensation You Can Pursue After a Cape Canaveral Car Accident
The primary goal for insurance companies is to pay out as little as possible. They will often present you with complex information to trick you into accepting a low settlement. However, our firm will take you through a step-by-step process to help you understand the fine details of your case.
If you have sustained severe injuries in a car accident, you have the right to fair compensation that only a skilled and experienced car accident lawyer in Cape Canaveral can get you. Forms of compensation in car accident claims include:
- Both current and future medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Current and future lost wages
- Damage to property
No matter the nature of your case, we can help you recover your finances and get additional assistance for any future expenses.
Cape Canaveral Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 321-503-4014
How do You Know If You Need a Car Accident Attorney?
Car accident victims in Cape Canaveral should keep in mind that they have the right to hire a car accident attorney, notwithstanding if their case is major or minor. Do not fall into the trap of thinking that your case is so insignificant that it doesn’t require a car accident attorney in Cape Canaveral to be contacted.
Your attorney can offer you legal advice and handle all the required paperwork for you. While lawyer services are valuable in all cases, they are especially beneficial if you have sustained serious injuries, such as:
- Restricted use of your body for more than 90 days
- Broken limbs
- Major disfigurement
Hiring a car accident attorney is especially important in the following situations:
- The other driver is accusing you of causing the accident
- The insurer wants to look into your medical history
- Your accident involved multiple parties
- You have to spend thousands of dollars on vehicle repairs
How Can a Cape Canaveral Car Accident Attorney Help You?
Never trust a car insurance company to give you all the information you need. They don’t work for you, and they will always seek to protect their own interest first and foremost. While most insurers will promise to compensate you for injuries sustained and your pain and suffering, they will work hard to give you the smallest compensation they can. Do not agree to a settlement offer from an insurance company prior to speaking to your attorney.
Our car accident attorneys have amassed a lot of experience over the years in handling personal injury cases. We know that many accidents are caused by reckless drivers, and we are here to fight for your justice.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Can a Cape Canaveral Car Accident Attorney Do?
While a lot depends on the nature and the complexity of your case, in general, your attorney can:
- Organize your medical records and other important documents
- Get in touch with your healthcare providers in case of any missing documents
- Gather, organize, and present evidence on your behalf to prove liability in your claim
- Handle all negotiations with insurers
- Carry out negotiations with lien holders on your behalf
- Handle all communication with the other driver’s insurer
- Represent you in court if all else fails
You do Not Need to Worry About Finances
At Andrew Pickett Law, our car accident attorneys work on a contingency basis. This means that you will not need to make any upfront payments. We will not charge you a dime unless our expert attorneys fight to get the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Get a Free Consultation with a Cape Canaveral Car Accident Lawyer
Work with the team at Andrew Pickett Law and benefit from our legal knowledge and a wealth of resources to give you an instant upper hand in your personal injury lawsuit. If you or someone close to you has sustained injuries owing to another driver’s negligence, do not suffer in silence. Contact our offices today to talk with an experienced legal representative about your case.