You can consider yourself a victim of a personal injury if you are dealing with a severe injury caused by someone else’s negligence and which requires expensive medical treatments. One of the most common causes of personal injuries in legal terms is car accidents in which one driver causes the crash but the other driver is the one who is injured and consequently suffers a serious loss in terms of quality of life, money, and health.
If you have been injured in an accident that was someone else’s fault, you should not try to brave it out without help. You can and should seek compensation from the individual who caused your injury. With the help of a good Melbourne Village personal injury lawyer, you can pursue compensation to help you pay for medical treatment and other related bills.
Damages in Melbourne Village Personal Injury Claims
If you were injured in a car accident in Melbourne Village, you will likely see the at-fault driver punished for their negligence if that negligence led to the serious injury or death of anyone involved in the accident. However, most of the time, this punishment is dealt with by the state government. If you are seeking compensation for a personal injury, the damages you will claim will likely be economic or non-economic damages, which include the following:
- Medical expenses for emergency room visits, surgeries, procedures, ongoing treatment or therapy, medication prescriptions, and the purchase of medical equipment
- Property damage expenses related to the repair or replacement of your car or other damaged property
- Lost income due to the time taken off of work to recover
- Loss of earning capacity if you find yourself unable to return to the same job or the same working capacity as before
- General pain and suffering
- Humiliation, scarring, and disfigurement
- Emotional trauma or distress
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium, the emotional suffering experienced by your loved ones
You may also be able to claim other damages. If you’re unsure what damages apply in your case, it’s crucial that you get in touch with a personal injury lawyer in Melbourne Village for guidance regarding the damages you can claim and how you can prove that you deserve compensation for those damages.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Melbourne Village, call 321-503-4014
Florida’s Personal Injury Laws
Every state has slightly different rules regarding how personal injury claims are handled. In Florida, you can make a claim for a personal injury within two to four years after it occurred, depending on the circumstances. If your case is based on the claim that the individual who caused your injury acted in negligence, you should be able to bring a claim anytime within four years after the accident occurred.
According to the Florida Senate, you will be awarded full compensation for your accident, with a reduction set according to the amount for which you were responsible. If you did nothing wrong, you can claim compensation for 100% of the costs incurred in dealing with the fallout of your accident.
Melbourne Village Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 321-503-4014
Required Evidence for a Personal Injury Claim in Melbourne Village
If you’re pursuing a personal injury claim in Melbourne Village, you will need various pieces of evidence that show that you actually suffered some loss due to the accident. Common pieces of evidence that will likely be required include the following:
- Photos or video footage from the accident scene
- The police report from the accident, if applicable
- Medical records and bills that show the physical and financial costs you’ve incurred
- Eyewitness statements from individuals who witnessed the accident
- A personal journal relating your personal losses and how they have affected your life.
- Statements from family and friends to corroborate your claims
- Testimony from expert witnesses, such as medical professionals, who can testify on how your injuries will affect your future
Gathering this evidence can be challenging if you’re not used to it. Our team at Andrew Pickett Law can help ensure you obtain everything you need.
Click to contact our State Name Personal Injury Lawyers today
What the Andrew Pickett Law Team Can Do for You
Following an accident, you will undoubtedly have a lot of questions and concerns. That’s okay—most of us don’t spend our days planning how we’ll react if we’re in an accident. However, it is important to be aware of what help you’re going to need after an accident.
The first step you should take is to reach out to a Melbourne Village personal injury lawyer. The following is what your lawyer can help you with:
- Finding support for your recovery. For example, they can help guide you to good sources if you need to find an alternative method of transportation because your car was totaled.
- Collecting evidence. Getting in touch with hospitals, police departments, and medical experts is often challenging, and if you want to alleviate the stress involved in reaching out to these professionals, a lawyer can help.
- Setting a compensation amount. If you are unfamiliar with the realm of legal claims, you will likely have no idea how much compensation you deserve; however, after looking at your losses and the circumstances of your claim, a lawyer will help you set the right amount.
- Fighting for justice. Insurance companies generally attempt to secure the lowest possible settlement the first time around; however, that isn’t necessarily the best you can get, and a lawyer can help you fight for the full compensation amount you deserve.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Melbourne Village Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you’ve been in an accident and suffered a personal injury of some kind, don’t hesitate to seek legal help. You shouldn’t have to suffer because of someone else’s negligence or accept a lowball offer because you don’t have the legal expertise you need to fight for more.
Instead of settling, reach out to a personal injury attorney in Melbourne Village. We can fight to ensure that justice is done regarding your claim and that you get ALL the compensation you deserve. To get started, just give us a call or contact us by filling out a free case evaluation form.
Call or text 321-503-4014 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form