If you suffered a catastrophic injury, you could be entitled to compensation. You never know when an injury is going to affect your life, but you could have legal options if a third party was involved.
A catastrophic injury lawyer in Cocoa from Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC can help you evaluate your legal options and handle your case from start to finish.
Examples of Catastrophic Injuries Eligible For Claims
A catastrophic injury is defined as a severe injury to the brain, spinal cord, or spinal column. Because these areas are essential for nervous system function, any injury to these regions can significantly impact your life. Examples of catastrophic injuries include but are not limited to:
- Injuries occurring during childbirth that affect the spine or nervous system
- Loss of limb or sensation
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Skull fractures
- Brain trauma
- Injuries to the head or neck region
- Any other injuries causing severe or permanent disability
Potential Causes of Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries can be caused by a variety of accidents. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates nearly 100 million emergency room visits for unintentional injuries annually in The United States.
Understanding the possible root cause of your injury or the injury of a loved one is important in a legal sense because it can help you determine whether or not a third party may have been at fault. Possible causes of catastrophic injuries could include one or more of the following:
- Sports injuries
- Injuries that occur during recreational activities
- Side effects from medication, including allergic reactions
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Surgical complications resulting from medical errors
- Violent crimes
- Much more
Suffering from a catastrophic injury in a preventable manner can be completely devastating. It is difficult enough to experience a significant change in lifestyle due to a serious injury that leaves you or a loved one debilitated but knowing that an accident occurred in a preventable manner can be even more challenging.
If you think a third party was at fault for the events leading up to your catastrophic injury, a catastrophic injury lawyer in the Cocoa area can help you learn more about your legal options as a victim. If you are able to prove that another party was at fault, you could be eligible for compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving Cocoa, call 321-503-4014
Losses You Can Seek Recovery for After a Catastrophic Injury
A catastrophic injury can impact your life in almost every way, whether you are the victim or if someone in your life has suffered a serious injury.
Beyond the significance of a physical injury, you could also suffer emotional trauma, difficulty maintaining friendships, a significant decrease in your quality of life, financial struggles, and more. You can
Nothing can change the past or bring you back to your physical state before a serious injury, but you deserve compensation to cope with your losses. Available compensation in catastrophic injury cases can vary but may include:
- Reimbursement for medical bills, including treatment at the time of your accident and ongoing care
- Pain and suffering
- Compensation for lost wages if you were unable to continue to work following your injury
- Reduced earning capacity
- Loss of quality of life
Cocoa Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me 321-503-4014
Should I Hire a Lawyer for my Catastrophic Injury Case?
If you are thinking about taking legal action following your accident, deciding whether to hire a lawyer is a personal choice. As you weigh your options, remember that there could be several ways in which a lawyer can help during your claim:
- Able to answer your legal questions that will inevitably come up, especially if you are unfamiliar with the process of filing a claim
- Can help give you peace of mind during this challenging time, knowing you have professionals by your side able to additionally act as your support system
- Help you fill out legal paperwork associated with your claim, allowing you to focus on the important things in your life and sparing you from stress
- Can help track important deadlines to keep your claim moving through the system
- Help you put your case together in a legally strong manner by organizing the details of your claim, highlighting potential third-party liability
Finally, a lawyer can help you focus on your health while also pursuing compensation.
Our Team at Andrew Pickett Law
Finding the right lawyer to help you pursue justice is important. At Andrew Pickett Law, we take pride in our history of success. Our case results are evidence that our experienced team can get the job done. If you are searching for the right group of legal professionals to represent you in your quest for justice, consider Andrew Pickett Law.
Start Your Cocoa Catastrophic Injury Accident Case as Soon as Possible
If you are thinking of filing a personal injury lawsuit, it could be in your interest to do so as quickly as possible. This is because of the statute of limitations, a set of laws in each state that governs how long you have to act to file a lawsuit.
If you are wondering exactly how long you have to make a decision, our personal injury lawyer can help you determine your timeline for action.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Work With a Cocoa Catastrophic Injury Accident Attorney Today
If you are ready to take legal action and are in search of the right legal team, consider Andrew Pickett Law. We are available to discuss your case during a free, no-obligation consultation.
Contact us today before it is too late.