Dealing with an injury while also handling a legal case can be overwhelming. After a dog bite attack, you could be at home healing from major wounds. If you’re missing time at work, your finances could feel squeezed just when you need to pay for medical bills. If someone else was responsible for the dog attack, you can hold them accountable—but you may be wondering how.
You can hand off all the legal tasks to a Cocoa dog bite injury lawyer. At Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC, we can pick up the phone calls, talk to the insurance company, file a lawsuit, and do everything your case requires so you can rest and recover. Because we work based on contingency, you can get our help with no upfront fees involved.
Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC Can Fight for You and Your Family After a Dog Bite
No one wants to feel like their case is just a number.
When you need legal help, you should be sure that you have an advocate on your side from start to finish. That’s what Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC will do for you. From the moment you contact us, we’ll work to help you through all your case’s challenges.
Our founder, Andrew Pickett, will personally meet with you. Then, we’ll develop the strongest strategy for your case. We know that you need the best financial recovery possible to recover after your dog attack—and we intend to fight for every dollar you deserve. If that means taking your case to trial, we will. Andrew Pickett has ten years of experience winning 50 verdicts for plaintiffs, and he’s ready to go after results for you.
For a free legal consultation with a dog bite lawyer serving Cocoa, call 321-503-4014
How Much Compensation Could I Get After a Dog Bite?
We want to help you seek all the funds you need to pay your bills and recover. Our dog bite injury lawyers will help you recover damages, such as:
- Medical bills: This could include the cost of emergency care, surgeries, medications, hospitalization, physical therapy, medical devices, and more. You could also get compensation for future expected care costs.
- Lost income: Maybe you missed out on paychecks from days you couldn’t go to work. Maybe your injuries will reduce your ability to earn a living in the future. These and other income losses are recoverable.
- Non-financial losses: A dog attack can leave you with physical and intangible scars. You could get compensation for your pain and suffering, trauma from the attack, scarring and disfigurement, and other losses.
- Wrongful death losses: Losing a loved one suddenly can leave your family with grief and substantial financial difficulties. Our compassionate lawyers will help you get compensation for their medical costs, funeral expenses, and your income losses.
The exact amount of compensation you could receive depends on certain factors of your case. These include:
- How seriously you were hurt
- The cost of your medical care
- How much the injury affected your life and ability to work
An attorney from our team can tell you more about how much you could recover. First, however, we will need to investigate your case’s evidence.
Cocoa Dog Bite Lawyer Near Me 321-503-4014
Our Lawyers Can Help You After a Bite in These Cocoa Area Locations
Wherever you were when you or a loved one faced a dog bite, you probably didn’t expect it to happen.
We work with dog bite victims who were attacked in their neighborhoods, public parks, and other recreation areas. We can help if you were hurt in:
- Faye Lake Wilderness Dog Park
- Lori Wilson Park
- Barks and Recreation Dog Park
- Lee Wenner Park
- Cocoa Riverfront Park
- Taylor Park
- Carl E. Anderson Park
- Prospect Park
Our attorneys understand that you may feel conflicted about bringing a case against a neighbor or someone in your community.
We can help you think through your legal options. Often, homeowners insurance can cover a dog bite, so you don’t necessarily have to file a lawsuit against a neighbor.
Click to contact our Cocoa Personal Injury Lawyers today
Frequently Asked Questions in Dog Bite Cases
You may have so many questions that you don’t know where to start with your case.
Our attorneys can clarify everything involved in a dog bite case. We have answers to these and other common questions from attack victims:
Can I Sue the Dog’s Owner?
As mentioned, you could have options to seek a recovery from a dog owner’s homeowners insurance coverage or another type of insurance. However, you may need to file a lawsuit in some cases.
Generally, if we can track down the owner’s identity and show that they were negligent, we can file a lawsuit. Demonstrating negligence in a dog bite case often involves showing that the dog owner:
- Let the dog off-leash in a public area when they were expected to be restrained
- Knew the dog to be dangerous or previously attacked
- Allowed the dog to wander freely beyond their property without restraint
Other situations could make the dog owner liable for your injuries.
What Happens During an Injury Case?
We will begin by investigating your case and gathering evidence. This may include witness statements, police reports, medical records, expert testimony, surveillance camera footage, photos, or other documentation.
Then, we will either seek an out-of-court settlement through the insurance claims process or file a lawsuit in civil court. Generally, seeking a settlement brings a faster resolution to your case. However, we will take your case to trial if necessary for your financial recovery.
What Should I Do After a Dog Bite in Florida?
The most important thing to do is to get medical care for your injuries.
If you don’t get care, there’s no record that the dog bite caused you harm. So, be sure to get medical attention as soon as possible. This is also a crucial step for your health, since dogs can carry dangerous bacteria in their mouths and a bite could cause complications, per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get a Free Case Review After a Cocoa Dog Bite
Our Cocoa dog bite injury lawyers know how to go after the compensation you deserve. We’re ready to handle your case while you focus on resting and recovering.
Contact Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC today for a case review and learn what comes next for your case.
Call or text 321-503-4014 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form