Motorcyclists ride down Brevard County’s roads, enjoying the fresh air and sun. For many, riding is freedom, but it is not without risks. Motorcycle riders also share the roads with larger, heavier vehicles whose drivers may not see them, putting them in danger of bad traffic accidents. If you suffered motorcycle crash injuries, our Cocoa motorcycle accident lawyer is ready to represent you and get you the financial awards you deserve.
Andrew Pickett and his experienced team of paralegals at Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC can help you hold the liable party accountable for your losses. The person who struck you should pay your medical bills and replace the income you lost because of the accident. You can explore your legal options today during a free consultation. We can also start on your case without any upfront attorney’s fees or costs if we take it.
You Could Recover Damages After a Motorcycle Accident in Cocoa
When crashes happen, serious injuries occur, such as traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord damage, among many others. Florida law allows injured victims to sue for the damages they suffer.
Financial recovery in your case could cover the following financial (economic) and non-financial (non-economic) damages:
- Medical expenses (past, present, and future)
- Lost income, benefits
- Lost earning capacity if your injuries mean you cannot return to your job or work at all
- Property damage (for the repair or replacement of your motorcycle)
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring, disability, disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Various Factors Shape How Much Recovery You Can Pursue
Each case’s recoverable damages will depend on various factors, including the circumstances of your case. The severity of your injuries, your recovery time, and how your injuries will affect you in the short and long term can determine your award.
We can advise you on how much money you can seek after assessing your damages. For subjective damages, such as pain and suffering, we will calculate the value of each one. That is one less thing to worry about as you heal.
Attorney Andrew Pickett pursues each case as if it is going to trial. He will seek the maximum recovery for you, whether it is in or outside the courtroom. In one case, he recovered $350,000 for a motorcycle crash victim.
Wrongful Death Damages in a Cocoa Motorcycle Accident
Sadly, some motorcyclists suffer fatal injuries from an accident, leaving behind their families who must deal with their absence’s emotional and financial blow. Our team will be there for you if you lost your loved one to a negligence accident. We can file a wrongful death action against the party that caused your relative’s fatal injuries. If you win your case, compensation could help you:
- Pay the deceased’s final medical bills and funeral, burial, or cremation costs
- Recover the income they would have made had they survived the accident
Wrongful death damages can also compensate your family for:
- Mental pain and suffering
- Lost income (including future income the decedent would have earned) and other benefits
- Loss of anticipated inheritances
- Loss of support and services the decedent would have provided
- Loss of companionship, guidance, and protection
Florida law governs wrongful death actions. It clarifies who can recover damages in these cases and who can bring a wrongful death lawsuit forward for the family. We can explain this process and answer any questions you have during a free consultation.
Need free legal help in Florida? Call 321-617-1080 today!
Our Cocoa Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You, and Here’s How
Seeking legal recovery while healing after an accident is challenging. Trying to sue the liable party for damages, which often includes talking with their insurer, can be a lot to deal with when you are not feeling well. We believe you can heal from the accident and seek compensation without having to do the legal legwork.
We will do it for you. With our injury firm on your side, you will have an advocate looking out for you while protecting your rights. We can take care of your entire case from beginning to end, which means you get to focus on feeling better and finding the strength to get back to your life. As you rest and heal, we will be hard at work on your case. This means we will:
- Investigate the accident to determine what happened and how
- Gather evidence to prove who is responsible for the crash (e.g., official police reports, photos and video footage of the crash scene and your injuries, witness testimony, medical records, doctor’s notes)
- Identify the liable parties in the Cocoa motorcycle accident and prove their negligence
- Manage all communications with the liable party’s representatives, including their insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurer to recover fair compensation that meets your post-accident needs
- Review and counsel you on any insurance settlement offers you receive
Our legal team is responsive to our clients, ensuring they receive clear and consistent communication throughout their cases. We promptly answer all calls and emails when you reach out to us.
Cocoa Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 321-503-4014
Determining Negligence in a Cocoa Motorcycle Accident Is Important
Before our Cocoa lawyer can recover damages for you, we must prove negligence caused the accident. This means proving that:
- The party that hit you owed you a duty of care to keep you safe on the road.
- They failed to meet this duty either through their actions or inaction.
- Their failure directly led to your accident, causing your injuries.
- You suffered injuries that led to compensatory damages, such as medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.
Parties Not Present at the Accident Scene Could Be Liable for Your Damages
Some motorcycle accidents in Cocoa and throughout Brevard County could involve multiple people or entities. As we build your negligence case, we may find that other parties owe you damages. For example, if your accident involved a commercial driver, you may be able to file damages against the driver’s employer since they were on the clock when the accident occurred.
Other liable parties could include:
- Manufacturers of the motorcycle or the motorcycle’s parts as either one could be defective
- A repair shop crew that did not fix your motorcycle or the liable party’s vehicle properly
- A government entity that failed to maintain the accident scene
Having more than one liable party can quickly complicate your case. Fortunately, with Andrew Pickett and his paralegal team working on your behalf, you will know who to hold accountable for your injuries and how much you could recover from each party.
What if a Hit-and-Run Driver Hit Your Motorcycle in Brevard County?
Not everyone who hits a motorcyclist, or any other motorist, remains on the accident scene. This, of course, is against the law, and you can also seek compensation to help you recover from this kind of accident. We can advise you on what to do, including filing a police report and getting prompt medical attention.
We can help you file an uninsured/underinsured motorist claim with your insurer if you have this coverage. If other options are available for recovery, we can go over those with you.
Facing a legal challenge in Florida? Let us help you for free.
Contact one of our personal injury lawyers today!
Florida’s Filing Deadline for Cocoa Motorcycle Injury Cases
You have a limited time to protect your right to sue in Florida after a motorcycle accident. You must file your case for damages within four years from the accident date, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). If you file a wrongful death action, you generally have two years from the decedent’s death date, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d).
It takes time to build injury cases, so we encourage you to file as soon as you can. If you miss the deadline for your case, you risk losing your right to pursue damages from the party that caused your motorcycle accident.
Need free legal help in Florida?
Complete a Free Case Evaluation Form
Call Us Today for Help with a Cocoa Motorcycle Accident Case
Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC advocates for injured clients seeking financial recovery for their losses. We understand that recovering from an accident is overwhelming, and we want you to know that you are not alone. You need time to recover, and we want you to have the money you need to make this process as smooth as possible.
We will handle the insurance company for you and advise you on the legal recourse you have as you seek your due. We are a contingency law firm, which means we can start on your case for free. Call us today for a consultation.