If you have suffered severe injuries in an Indian Harbour Beach car accident, you may have the right under Florida law to demand financial compensation from any party who was at fault. To secure the most money possible for the harm you’ve suffered, you may need the help of an experienced car accident attorney in Indian Harbour Beach.
Attorney Andrew Pickett and our team at Andrew Pickett Law represent car accident victims throughout Brevard County. We have a sterling reputation for achieving top-dollar case results for crash victims like you. Let us help you obtain the money you need and deserve to pay for your medical care, replace your lost income, and compensate you for your pain and suffering.
Your Rights After an Indian Harbour Beach Car Accident
Most victims of Indian Harbour Beach car accidents carry auto insurance coverage that provides some financial protection after they get hurt in a crash. That’s because Florida is a so-called “no-fault” insurance state where all drivers must carry at least $10,000 in personal injury protection (PIP) coverage to pay for their own (and, when applicable, their passengers’ or family members’) injuries and losses in an accident. If you’re lucky, your PIP insurance covers all of those costs.
However, many Indian Harbour Beach car accident victims aren’t so lucky. They suffer serious injuries that quickly exceed the limits of the medical and disability benefits available under their PIP policies. In those cases, car accident victims often have the ability to sue the party at fault for additional damages – and an Indian Harbour Beach car accident attorney can help.
When You Can Sue an At-Fault Party for Car Accident Damages
Florida’s no-fault auto insurance statute contains a provision that authorizes car accident victims to sue at-fault parties for damages in certain cases. In a nutshell, the law allows you to sue if your accident-related costs and losses exceed the amount covered by your PIP insurance, and you suffered:
- Significant and permanent loss of an important bodily function;
- Permanent injury within a reasonable degree of medical probability, other than scarring or disfigurement; or
- Significant and permanent scarring or disfigurement.
In the case of a fatal car accident, the statute also permits a surviving spouse and/or family member to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit against an at-fault party.
The most reliable way to learn if you have the right to sue an at-fault party for the injuries and losses you suffered in an Indian Harbour Beach car accident is to speak with the experienced team at Andrew Pickett Law today.
Who Might Owe Damages for an Indian Harbour Beach Car Accident?
If your injuries and losses meet the qualifications above, you will generally have the right to sue anyone whose unreasonably dangerous decisions or actions caused your Indian Harbour Beach car accident. Frequently, that at-fault party is the other driver in a multi-vehicle collision. However, as the experienced team at Andrew Pickett Law knows, many individuals and entities could also have a legal liability to you for money damages, including:
- The employer of an at-fault driver who crashed a work vehicle;
- An automotive manufacturer whose defective products contributed to the cause of a crash; or
- A government agency that facilitated a crash by failing to design, build, or maintain a safe road.
Our team has years of experience investigating car accidents in Brevard County and identifying all parties who should face legal and financial accountability for them. We will put that experience to work for you.
Potential Damages Recoverable in a Car Accident Case
You should not have to bear the physical, emotional, or financial burden of injuries you suffered in a car accident caused by someone else. That’s why, under Florida law, you have the right to seek financial compensation for the full range of harm you suffered, including:
- Your medical expenses related to treating car accident injuries and health complications;
- All other costs you incurred because of the car accident, including paying for repair or replacement of damaged property;
- The value of wages you did not earn or paid time off you consumed while healing from your injuries;
- Your diminished future earning capacity, if your injuries left you disabled;
- Your physical pain, emotional suffering, and overall loss of your quality of life.
In the case of a tragic death, financial compensation for a car accident can include payment for the surviving spouse or family’s loss of the deceased victim’s support, services, companionship, and consortium.
At Andrew Pickett Law, we work closely with our clients and their loved ones to calculate the full breadth of damages they have suffered. Then, we get to work planning and pursuing legal strategies aimed at getting them the maximum financial compensation available under Florida law.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Indian Harbour Beach, call 321-503-4014
How We Can Help After Your Indian Harbour Beach Car Accident
Andrew Pickett and our team of talented legal professionals understand the challenges you face after getting hurt in an Indian Harbour Beach car accident. We want to help you get through this difficult time by securing you the most money possible from those at fault. Our team has the skill and resources to:
- Investigate your accident and collect evidence to show how it happened, who was to blame, and how much money you deserve as compensation;
- Advise you on your rights and options for obtaining money damages from at-fault parties;
- Prepare, file, and litigate lawsuits on your behalf in Brevard County courts and other forums;
- Negotiate top-dollar settlements of your claims;
- Take your case to trial to get you the best results possible; and
- Collect the money due to you under a settlement, judgment, or jury award.
Indian Harbour Beach Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 321-503-4014
Contact an Indian Harbour Beach Car Accident Lawyer Today
You may have valuable legal rights to pursue after getting hurt in an Indian Harbour Beach car accident. Take full advantage of them by getting help from an experienced, hard-working car accident lawyer in Indian Harbour Beach.
Contact us at Andrew Pickett Law today for a free case consultation with a member of our team.