Nothing can prepare you for losing a loved one in a fatal car crash. The unexpected nature of a tragedy like this can leave you feeling uncertain about your next steps. If another party’s negligence caused the collision, you can file a claim and recover damages.
A Palm Bay fatal accident lawyer at Andrew Pickett Law is prepared to help you file a claim for the compensation you and your family deserve. You can start a free case evaluation today to explore your legal options.
The Statute of Limitations for Wrongful Death Lawsuits in Florida
Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d) gives you just two years from the date of your loved one’s death to file a wrongful death lawsuit. While that may seem like plenty of time, investigating a car accident, compiling necessary documentation, and negotiating with insurance companies take time.
Days can quickly turn into months, and months can turn into years. By contacting our team, we can file your case within the appropriate deadline and protect your right to damages.
For a free legal consultation with a fatal car accidents lawyer serving Palm Bay, call 321-503-4014
You Pay Nothing to Partner With Our Palm Bay Accident Team
We offer a free consultation to get to know you and your story. If we’re the right firm to handle your fatal car accident claim in Palm Bay, our legal team can start advocating for you immediately.
You pay us nothing up front because our firm works on contingency. All that means is that we don’t charge any attorneys’ fees unless we win your case. A percentage of your settlement or court award accounts for our time and efforts.
Palm Bay Fatal Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 321-503-4014
What Can a Fatal Car Accident Lawyer Serving Palm Bay Do to Help?
A fatal car accident doesn’t just happen. Someone made an unfortunate error that led to the collision. It’s our job as your legal representatives to investigate your case and determine who is responsible. Using supporting evidence, we can assert your right to damages and advocate for what you need.
We Can Evaluate Your Wrongful Death Case’s Potential
Wrongful death claims allow surviving family members to recover compensation for their loved one’s passing. Many claims have these elements in common:
- Another party had an obligation to act with reasonable care.
- Another party acted without regard for others’ safety.
- Your loved one passed away in a fatal collision.
- You have damages resulting from the death.
Our team will apply the law to your case and fight for a just outcome.
We Can Calculate Your Losses and Negotiate a Settlement
While a loved one’s passing may leave your family with financial hardships, it’ll likely leave them with emotional hardships, too. Your settlement or court award should reflect each way your loved one’s passing has affected your life. Your lawyer serving Palm Bay can seek recovery for:
- Final arrangement costs (such as funeral, burial, cremation, the plot, etc.)
- Medical expenses
- Loss of contributing income
- Loss of household services provided by the decedent
- Loss of protection
- Loss of guidance
- Loss of care
- Loss of consortium
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment
This is not a complete list of damages you can pursue. You can discuss additional types of recoverable damages when you connect with our Brevard County firm.
You May Be Entitled to Punitive Damages for Wrongful Death
Florida allows some wrongful death claimants to recover punitive damages. If your loved one’s passing resulted from another party’s intentional misconduct or gross negligence, the court could award these losses.
Your lawyer can assess your case and determine whether you could seek punitive damages. They can also prove the other party’s role in your loved one’s passing and hold them accountable.
We Prepare Every Personal Injury Case for Trial from the Start
Our lead attorney, Andrew Pickett, has considerable experience managing personal injury and wrongful death cases. As a former prosecutor in Brevard County, he’s not afraid of facing large adversaries before judges and juries. To date, he has tried to verdict more than 50 jury trials.
When you partner with Attorney Andrew Pickett and his paralegals, you can trust that they’ll:
- Perform a thorough investigation into the fatal accident that took your loved one’s life
- Collect evidence to determine fault
- Retrieve documented proof of your losses
- Manage communications with the involved parties, including the liable insurer
- Keep you up-to-date on developments in your case with clear and consistent communication
- Represent you in court
- Consult with accident reconstruction specialists and healthcare providers
- Protect you from insurance intimidation tactics
Right now, you deserve to focus on your health and well-being. You shouldn’t have to bother with a complicated legal case on your own. Instead, you can leave your legal matters to us. We’ll manage everything they require.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Brevard County’s Most Dangerous Streets Are in Palm Bay, Florida
Several of Brevard County’s top corridors and intersections for car crashes, pedestrian accidents, motorcycle collisions, and bicycle crashes are located in Palm Bay, Florida. These streets include:
- Babcock Street from Palm Bay Road to U.S. 192 in the Melbourne-Palm Bay area (146 crashes a year)
- Palm Bay Road stretching from Minton Road to Hollywood Boulevard in the West Melbourne-Palm Bay area (140 crashes annually)
- The intersection at Babcock Street and Palm Bay Road in Palm Bay (nearly 61 crashes a year)
- The Malabar Road and Babcock Street intersection in Palm Bay (nearly 50 crashes each year)
Call Andrew Pickett Law to Begin Your Free Case Review
Severe and fatal crashes happen on the streets of Palm Bay. If your loved one passed away due to the careless actions of another driver in Brevard County, we’re here to help.
Our fatal car accident team will stand up for your right to claim the maximum compensation possible. To discuss your case with Attorney Andrew Pickett and his team of paralegals, call today.