You don’t have to feel confused in the aftermath of a hit-and-run accident. You can still seek damages––even if the other party is never found. Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC will guide you through your options and seek coverage for your medical bills and other expenses.
A Palm Bay hit-and-run accident lawyer from our firm will seek the financial recovery you deserve. To explore your options, Attorney Andrew Pickett and his team of paralegals are ready to hear your story.
You Have Options After a Hit-and-Run Collision in Palm Bay, Florida
You could recoup financial recovery by:
Filing an Insurance Claim (or Filing Multiple Claims)
Florida is a no-fault insurance state. So, after many hit-and-run accidents, claimants file with their own insurers to seek damages. Per the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), all motorists must carry at least $10,000 in personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. At a minimum, this covers some of your medical bills and lost income.
Yet, you may have elected to purchase higher PIP coverage limits or even uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) protection coverage. Either of these policies could increase the amount of your covered medical care. Your policy may also cover property damage to your vehicle, though such coverage is not mandatory.
If authorities locate the hit-and-run driver in Palm Bay, then their insurance (if they have insurance) may cover damages beyond your own policy’s limits. Our car accident team will evaluate your situation and determine if filing a claim could benefit you.
Filing a Civil Lawsuit
In the digital age, it’s hard for hit-and-run drivers to hide their identities for long. Traffic camera footage, forensic evidence, and other technology can locate these individuals. If we find the negligent motorist, we may file a lawsuit against them if:
- The driver lacks insurance that would cover your accident-related damages.
- Your damages exceed the at-fault motorist’s insurance coverage limits.
- The liable party refuses to extend a fair offer.
Initiating a lawsuit requires us to act within Florida’s statute of limitations. You generally have four years to file your case, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). By connecting with our team serving Palm Bay as soon as possible, we can set your case in motion. We can also gather time-sensitive evidence and interview witnesses.
For a free legal consultation with a hit-and-run accidents lawyer serving Palm Bay, call 321-503-4014
Your Lawyer Will Seek These Damages After Your Brevard County Accident
We evaluate each client’s damages individually. Our attorneys know that each client has a story to tell, and those stories often include medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other damages.
We want to seek maximum recovery for what you’re owed––and our previous case results attest to our commitment. We’re eager to seek reimbursement for your:
- Healthcare costs: From the ambulance ride to hospitalization, we’ll seek full coverage for your healthcare expenses. We will also pursue damages that cover your anticipated healthcare needs, such as pain medications and physical therapy.
- Professional damages: If your hit-and-run accident in Palm Bay leads to missed shifts or even a prolonged professional absence, we’ll seek coverage for these losses. Lost wages, missed bonuses, and lost earning power may be among your recoverable damages.
- Non-economic losses: Physical pain, emotional suffering, lost sleep, and lost quality of life are just some non-economic damages we can seek. The value of these losses depend on your situation, including the severity of your condition.
- Vehicular damage and temporary transportation: The hit-and-run accident may have totaled your car or otherwise caused serious damage. Your claim could account for those losses––as well as the cost of using temporary transportation, such as public transit.
Before we begin negotiating or go to trial, we’ll have a complete record of your damages. That way, we can champion your rights and pursue what you’re owed.
We Secured Compensation for Previous Motor Vehicle Accident Claimants
Attorney Andrew Pickett has secured financial recovery for motor vehicle accident claimants throughout Brevard County. As a Florida native, he takes these cases seriously and tirelessly advocates for injured people.
His team has secured these outcomes:
- $2.5 million for a motor vehicle accident
- $2 million for a serious collision
- $575,000 for a motor vehicle accident
- $250,000 for a car accident
We’re ready to put our years of experience and network of resources to work for you.
Palm Bay Hit-and-Run Accident Lawyer Near Me 321-503-4014
Services Our Team Offers Hit-and-Run Accident Victims in Palm Bay
Being in an accident adds countless new concerns and responsibilities to your life––all with no warning. Our team understands that dealing with a lawsuit or insurance claim is yet another concern, and we want to take that burden off of your hands.
We’re prepared to serve you by:
- Protecting your right to compensation
- Dealing with the involved insurance policies
- Gathering supporting evidence
- Obtaining relevant witness accounts
- Hiring any experts who can support your case
- Drafting and filing all paperwork, including your claim or lawsuit
- Negotiating with the liable parties for the settlement you need
- Taking your case to trial, if that serves your interests
Our team wants you to focus on your personal health and well-being. We will manage each of your legal matters and everything else your case entails.
What Should I Do After a Hit-and-Run Accident in Palm Bay?
You may wonder about your next steps following your auto accident. Our team suggests these post-accident measures to bolster your case:
- Seek medical care
- Limit what you share with others about your case, either online or in-person
- Allow your lawyer to negotiate with the insurer
- Save all information related to your case
- Complete your doctor’s recommended treatment plan
We can provide more case-specific guidance after learning your story.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC Today for a Free Consultation
Whether through a claim or lawsuit, we aim to get you the compensation you deserve. Let a Palm Bay hit-and-run accident lawyer from our team handle your case. You just worry about getting better.
Call Attorney Andrew Pickett and his paralegals today for a free case review. You don’t have to wait for justice any longer.