It is more common than you might think for 18-wheeler accident victims to deal with catastrophic and life-threatening injuries. These types of collisions often produce fatalities. Those who survive may be stuck dealing with lasting effects for years to come.
If you were involved in a traumatic 18-wheeler accident, holding the liable party accountable may be the only way to access the funds you need to escape financial ruin and move forward with your life. A Palm Bay 18-wheeler accident lawyer at Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC can help you identify all liable parties and seek compensation. Our personal injury lawyers can handle your whole case while you recover from your injuries.
We’ll Handle Your Palm Bay 18-Wheeler Accident Case While You Recuperate
Truck accidents are known for causing injuries that are difficult to recover from. Whether you are dealing with painful spinal cord injuries, excruciating burns, broken and fractured bones, traumatic brain injuries, or any other type of injury, the last thing you want to be dealing with after suffering an injury is bringing your case to court.
However, it is important to take action on your case soon if you hope to recover the damages that are rightfully yours. Our team of 18-wheeler accident lawyers at Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC is here to help. We will handle all of the legal details so you can focus your time on healing. Some of our most important tasks will include:
- Reviewing your insurance policies
- Reviewing the liable party’s insurance policy
- Identifying witnesses
- Hiring experts to testify
- Reviewing 18-wheeler black box data
- Obtaining chemical blood alcohol test results and cell phone records
- Obtaining copies of the truck driver’s employment records
- Going over your damages to calculate the value of your claim
- Negotiating with the insurance company for a fair and reasonable settlement
- Fighting for a total recovery of your damages at trial
For a free legal consultation with a 18-wheeler accidents lawyer serving Palm Bay, call 321-503-4014
18-Wheeler Accident Liability in Palm Bay
Figuring out who is at fault for your 18-wheeler accident is critical. When you’ve been injured in Palm Bay, there are several parties who could share liability for your injuries depending on how your 18-wheeler accident occurred. Here are some of the parties who could be responsible based on the cause of the 18-wheeler accident:
- If your 18-wheeler accident was caused by negligent driving, Not only could the negligent motorist be held accountable, but the trucking company that employed a negligent truck driver, passengers, and other third parties could also be at fault.
- If your 18-wheeler accident was caused by dangerous road conditions, such as missing street signs, defective traffic lights, or improperly secured road construction zones, government agencies and municipalities alike could be responsible for their failure to properly maintain the safety of the roadways in Palm Bay.
- If your 18-wheeler accident was caused by defective truck parts, anyone involved in the safety and maintenance of the 18-wheeler could be held accountable, such as cargo loaders, maintenance technicians, safety inspectors, the truck driver, the trucking company, the owner of the truck, and other third parties.
Palm Bay 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer Near Me 321-503-4014
The Value Of Your 18-Wheeler Accident Claim in Palm Bay
In calculating the value of your Palm Bay 18-wheeler accident claim, it will be important to consider how your entire life has been affected. Since you have the right to be made whole, we need to go over both your economic damages and non-economic damages in their entirety.
Also commonly referred to as compensable damages, your economic damages are the losses you have the right to recover. This might include any medical bills related to your injuries, your anticipated medical care, loss of income, property damages, and a number of damages that may be considered pain and suffering.
Deadline to Filing an 18-Wheeler Accident Lawsuit
You need to act on your 18-wheeler accident claim in Palm Bay as soon as possible. The statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits in the state of Florida is generally four years under Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), but this time will fly by. The sooner you get your attorney working on your case, the better. That way, we can access information in evidence that may only be available for a limited amount of time.
Additionally, if you are hoping to file a wrongful death lawsuit due to a fatal injury caused in an 18-wheeler accident, the statute of limitations is only two years from the date of your loved one’s death, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d).
Our Palm Bay 18-wheeler accident lawyers can help you comply with these deadlines and work to streamline your case. It does take time to investigate, gather evidence, and negotiate with insurers, though. These processes do not stall the deadline, either. The sooner you start your case, the better.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Work With an 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer in Palm Bay Today
Your life may have been substantially affected by the 18-wheeler accident you were involved in. However, this is not the end. You have an opportunity to bring them to justice and recover total compensation for your suffering.
Find out how much your case is worth and what’s next for your claim when you contact a Palm Bay 18-wheeler accident lawyer at Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC for a free consultation. You can fill out our quick contact form or call our office today.