A Titusville car crash can instantly change a person’s life, resulting in devastating consequences, debilitating injuries, and astronomical medical expenses. That is why following this catastrophic incident, you need experienced legal help on your side.
Fortunately, with Andrew Pickett Law, you will not have to look far for this experienced legal help. Our personal injury attorneys have years of experience handling these types of injury claims, and we know what it takes to fight for the justice and compensation you deserve.
How Do You Know if You Have a Viable Legal Case After a Titusville Car Accident?
After a motor vehicle accident due to another person’s wrongful actions, you want to obtain money for the losses and harm you suffered. However, getting compensation for these injuries is not as easy as many people hope it to be. In truth, there are many questions and factors that can impact your ability to go after these damages, such as:
- The extent of your injuries after a Titusville motor vehicle accident?
- Were the injuries a result of a Titusville car crash?
- Do you still have enough time to file a legal case?
- Is there insurance money available?
That is why, after a car crash, you should reach out to a skilled Titusville car accident attorney, such as those at Andrew Pickett Law, as soon as possible. These attorneys can promptly review your car crash and verify whether or not you have a viable case.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Titusville, call 321-503-4014
The Statute of Limitations and Injury Claims
Before you can collect damages for the harm you endured in a Titusville car accident, you need to first verify whether you still have time to file your legal case. The statute of limitations is a regulation that indicates the maximum amount of time a person has to file a claim after an accident. If these individuals do not file their case within this period of time, they can be barred from seeking justice for their injuries and losses.
The statute of limitations to file an injury claim following a Titusville car crash is four years from the accident date. However, numerous exceptions can apply to this rule that can impact this filing period. For these reasons, if you want to ensure that you have enough time to file your case, it is imperative you reach out to a knowledgeable car accident lawyer in Titusville.
At Andrew Pickett Law, our skilled attorneys can figure out whether you still have time to file your case while ensuring your legal documents are prepared correctly and filed before time expires.
Titusville Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 321-503-4014
Damages You May Be Entitled to Following a Titusville Car Accident
In Florida, if you have been harmed in a car crash because of another person’s negligent, reckless, or wrongful actions, you may be entitled to compensation for the losses and injuries you sustained. This compensation generally includes the following types of damages:
These damages relate to the losses after an accident that are easily measurable. They include:
- Past, current, and future medical bills such as doctor bills, hospital stay, prescription medications, surgeries, and assistive medical devices
- Lost wages and earning capacity
- Rehabilitative therapy (physical and occupational therapy)
- Personal property repairs
- Replacement services
- Other expenses that are out-of-pocket
These damages are rather subjective losses that are not easily quantifiable. They include losses related to a person’s:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of a limb
- Loss of reputation
- Scarring and disfigurement
In certain situations, punitive damages may also be awarded, however, unlike the other damages, which are awarded to compensate an individual for their losses after an accident.
Punitive damages are intended to punish the defendant for their egregious actions and to deter other parties from committing these acts in the future. However, to obtain punitive damages, the victim’s attorney needs to show clear and convincing evidence that the defendant was personally guilty of gross negligence or intentional misconduct.
How Much Money Can You Obtain After a Car Accident in Titusville?
Even though an attorney can tell you what types of damages you can pursue after a car accident, they cannot tell you the exact amount of money you can obtain for your injuries and losses. There are just too many factors that can affect this value. For instance, consider the following factors that can affect the worth of your case:
- The extent and severity of the harm you sustained
- The type of medical treatments you need
- The ability to work after the accident
- Whether the injuries are permanent
- The extent of your pain and suffering
- The certainty of the defendant’s liability
- The credibility of the evidence presented
- The ability to perform everyday functions without help after the car crash
When you work with an experienced car accident attorney in Titusville, they can figure out which of these factors may influence your claim, and in response, prepare the strongest case on your behalf, fighting for maximum compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get the Legal Help You Need with an Experienced Titusville Car Accident Lawyer
After a car crash, to get the justice and damages you deserve, you should reach out to an experienced Titusville car accident lawyer. These attorneys can:
- Evaluate your claim and determine if you have a viable case
- Investigate the crash and secure the evidence necessary to prove fault and damages
- Deal with all the negotiations and discussions with the other side and pursue a just settlement offer
- Head to trial if the other side does not want to negotiate fairly and fight for maximum financial recovery
Contact Andrew Pickett Law Today and Go After the Justice You Deserve
After a Titusville car collision, get the legal help you need. Contact Andrew Pickett Law today for a free case consultation and let these attorneys show you how they can fight on your behalf.