A motorcycle accident can leave you with severe injuries and property damage. If someone else’s recklessness or irresponsible road use led to the incident, you’re entitled to compensation for the resultant damages.
Florida state laws are straightforward when it comes to the requirements for motorcycle riders to use the road. They also define the specific steps to take after the accident, how fault is determined, and the approach used to determine the compensation value. But the process isn’t as simple, and that’s why you should reach out to a reputable personal injury attorney.
If you’ve suffered a motorcycle accident in Titusville or any other part of Florida, Andrew Pickett Law should be your legal partner. We’ll protect your privileges and freedoms and fight to help you get compensated sufficiently and in good time.
Why You Need a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Titusville
Motorcycle accidents are unique in many ways. For instance, the inflicted bodily harm can be severe; hence the value of the case is relatively higher. You’ll also be dealing with insurers who are always trying to reduce the damages and an at-fault party fighting to prove that you’re partly to blame for the accident.
The facts of your case could be straightforward, but fighting for justice and compensation without the help of a motorcycle attorney should never be an option.
Here’s why a Titusville motorcycle accident attorney is essential:
- Navigating the legal system isn’t easy – If you’re not conversant with the law, it can be impossible to win the clam. It’s easy to stray from legal processes, but a reputable will help you navigate the complexities of filing legal documents, gathering evidence, and arguing your case.
- It’s easy to make the wrong choice – The decision on whether to negotiate for a settlement or proceed to trial is a hard one. But an attorney can help you decide the appropriate path for your case
- Negotiations are complex and lengthy – The insurance company will try to prolong the talks or use other methods to trick you into accepting low-ball offers. A knowledgeable attorney will deal with them appropriately and fight for fair compensation.
- Handling insurers isn’t easy – Insurers are known to paint a negative picture of motorcycle riders in court, portraying them as irresponsible. An attorney knows that you’re a responsible road user and will fight to prove the actual cause of the accident.
- It’s easy to pass underlying factors – Like other road accidents, a motorcycle crash has many factors at play. An experienced attorney will look at the case from every angle.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Titusville, call 321-503-4014
How Much Do Titusville Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Charge?
There’s no standard fee for motorcycle attorneys since many considerations come into play. Typically, your attorney will charge you based on the anticipated compensation amount. However, they’ll impose the fees under the following arrangements:
- Consultation Fees
- Contingency Fees
- Flat Fees
- Hourly Rate
- Retainer Fees
- Statutory Fee
Notably, you don’t have to worry even if you believe you can’t afford an attorney. Reputable law firms like Andrew Pickett Law will offer free consultation and only deduct their fee once you receive the final compensation.
Titusville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 321-503-4014
Deadlines for Filing an Injury Claim in Titusville
Like most other states in the US, Florida has regulations that limit how long motorcycle accident victims should take to file their claim in a civil court against the at-fault parties. The legislation is the statute of limitations, highlighted in Florida Statutes Annotated §95.11(3).
Under this statute, you have four years to file the claim in the state’s civil courts. If you fail to meet this timeline, the at-fault party will use this as their defense, and the court will likely favor their side.
Sometimes, you may not “discover” harm inflicted by the motorcycle accident until sometime after the incident. In such circumstances, the court can extend the lawsuit filing window.
If you’re filing a claim against a local or state government agency, you must play by unique rules like a shorter deadline for filing a lawsuit. So make sure you speak with your attorney to get the exact details.
Types of Damages a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Titusville Can Help You Claim
You can claim the following potential damages after a motorcycle accident in Titusville, Florida:
These are also known as specific damages, and the court awards them to cover all your verifiable monetary losses and out-of-pocket expenses directly linked to the accident. You can attach a cash value to every element, and you’ll have the relevant documented costs and receipts to aid calculations.
Examples of economic damages include
- Medical costs directly linked with the accident
- Lost income
- Utility bills
- Daily living expenses during recovery
- Property repair or replacement
- Physical therapy
These are also called general damages. The main difference between them and their economic counterparts is that they’re challenging to calculate yet must be compensated. The courts determine the amounts to be awarded.
- The harm itself
- Pain and suffering related to your injury
- Emotional anguish and humiliation
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Loss of a business opportunity or education
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Loss of companionship or consortium
The court may also award punitive damages, but these aren’t meant to cover any damages you’ve encountered. Instead, they’re aimed at punishing extreme negligence and malicious acts that caused the motorcycle accident.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Why Partner with an Attorney?
Even if you used the road responsibly according to the relevant laws, and the other party was negligent and caused the accident, you cannot afford to file your injury claim alone.
You’ll be dealing with a defendant who’s already working with a lawyer and insurance companies that strive to strip you off.
Reaching out to a reputable Titusville motorcycle accident lawyer can relieve you from all these. Furthermore, they’ll help your case in the following ways:
- Protecting your right from the accident date to the trial conclusion
- Guiding you with the legal processes
- Handling your receipts and medical records
- Negotiating for settlements with insurers
- Taking the case to trial and representing you in court
Get in Touch with a Reliable Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Titusville
Your case is precious, and you cannot afford to entrust the lawsuit with an unreliable attorney. Only a few law firms in Titusville can offer the experience you’d get at Andrew Picket Law.