An unexpected accident may result in life-changing injuries, making you struggle with financial debts and emotional trauma. However, if the accident or damage was caused by someone else, Florida law may entitle you to pursue a settlement from the at-fault party. A personal injury lawyer in Brevard County can help you seek compensation and recover losses during their recovery period.
At Andrew Pickett Law, we have a skilled legal team to help you navigate the complex legal process and recover full compensation from a negligent party. A Brevard County personal injury lawyer’s commitment to excellence can deliver an aggressive and knowledgeable legal representation in your claim. If you or someone you love has suffered a personal injury, a Brevard County personal injury lawyer can help.
Andrew Pickett Law has the following practice areas:
- Auto Accidents
- Fatal Car Accidents
- Hit and Run
- Commercial Trucking Accidents
- Burn Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Brain Injury
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Fatal Truck Accidents
- 18 Wheeler Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Wrongful Death Claims
- Catastrophic Accidents
- Institutional Sexual Abuse Claims
Steps to Take After a Personal Injury Accident
Involving in a personal injury accident can be confusing, scary, and painful, especially when a negligent party leads to misfortune. Unfortunately, the steps or actions you take after the accident affects your personal injury suit. To protect your rights and increase your compensation chances after a personal injury accident, follow these steps:
- Call 911: In any personal injury accident, it is important to contact the police to prepare a police report and access emergency medical services. Contacting 911 also helps determine the negligent party.
- Seek medical attention: Consulting a medical doctor is essential after a personal injury accident to ascertain the extent of your injuries and get a medical report. If you suffer extensive injuries, calling an ambulance at the scene can help you access medical help faster.
- Gather evidence and documentation: Collect relevant evidence, including police records, witnesses’ statements, contact information, medical records, and photographs of the scene. This documentation comes in handy during your personal injury claim to help prove negligence and recover benefits.
- Never admit fault: It is essential to avoid speaking about the accident, mainly at the scene, since it can be used as evidence against you. Instead, seek legal representation and only provide information about the case when your lawyer is present.
- Hire an experienced Brevard County personal injury lawyer: Insurance companies and defendants often have legal counsel who helps provide legal representation against plaintiffs who file a personal injury claim against them. Hiring your lawyer enables you to file a lawsuit against the defendant and increases your chances of obtaining compensation.
Need free legal help in Florida? Call 321-617-1080 today!
Determining Liability in a Personal Injury Case
In Florida, victims must prove the other party was responsible for the injuries or accident in a personal injury case to recover benefits. Working with a Brevard County personal injury lawyer can help investigate the claim and hold the negligent party accountable. Since the other party’s insurance company will conduct their investigation, a personal injury lawyer at Andrew Pickett Law can collect the relevant evidence and determine liability.
Proving negligence in a personal injury case in Brevard County is critical since it shows that the other party’s actions or behavior led to your injuries. Our personal injury lawyer can help prove the following four elements of negligence in a personal injury case:
- Duty of care: The at-fault individual or entity owed a duty of care.
- Breach of duty: The at-fault individual or entity breached the legal duty of care.
- Causation: The breach of duty of care led to the accident or actions leading to personal injuries.
- Damages: The accident or injuries caused damages to the victim, including medical bills, property damage, and more.
Brevard County Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 321-503-4014
Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Brevard County
While it is important to file a personal injury claim against a negligent party, the process can be time-confusing, complex, and confusing. Hiring a Brevard County personal injury lawyer can help ease the process, enabling you to have the necessary documentation and follow the required process. In addition, working with a personal injury lawyer at Andrew Pickett Law helps increase your chances of obtaining benefits.
Typically, Florida has a four-year time of limitations for personal injury claims, where victims of personal injury accidents must file lawsuits within the applicable deadline. Failure to file your personal injury suit within the statute of limitations will make your claim ineligible for compensation. Hence, it is essential to hire a Brevard County personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after the accident or injury.
Facing a legal challenge in Florida? Let us help you for free.
Contact one of our personal injury lawyers today!
Common Causes of Personal Injury Accidents in Brevard County
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), Florida is among the top states with the most fatal crashes in the United States. This means that thousands of people suffer personal injuries from road crashes annually. In Brevard County, several instances can result in personal injuries since the county includes lively activities, exposing people to multiple accidents.
Some common causes of personal injuries in Brevard County include:
- Slip and fall.
- Medical malpractice.
- Product liability.
- Workplace accidents.
- Premises liability.
- Child injury and abuse.
- Negligent security.
- Animal attack injuries.
Luckily, several policies and laws in Florida protect citizens injured in an accident caused by a negligent, careless, or reckless party. Irrespective of the cause of your injuries, working with an experienced Brevard County personal injury lawyer helps you protect your rights and recover damages.
Need free legal help in Florida?
Complete a Free Case Evaluation Form
How a Brevard County Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You
Typically, a personal injury lawyer helps simplify the legal process and increases your chances of receiving full and maximum compensation. Here is how a personal injury lawyer at Andrew Pickett Law can help you.
- Gather relevant evidence and determine if your claim is eligible for compensation
- Calculate and evaluate the value of your claim
- Negotiate with the defendant and insurance companies for a reasonable amount
- Represent your best interest and advise your legal options
- Protect your rights and argue aggressively on your behalf
- Bring in experts to ascertain your claim, mainly to present critical evidence to support your claim
- Take your personal injury suit to trial if negotiations fail
Contact a Personal Injury Attorney in Brevard County Today
If you or someone you love has suffered a personal injury due to someone else’s negligence, Andrew Pickett Law can help you pursue compensation. Our team of personal injury lawyers has the necessary skills and access to resources to help you build a strong case against the defendant. Contact us and schedule a free case evaluation with our legal team today.