There is no average settlement amount for car accident cases. The facts of each car accident are unique. The value of any settlement you receive will be based on the facts of your accident and damages, not the details of any other accident or case.
Countless car accident settlements do not become public, and there is no single source from which we can draw an accurate average of car accident settlements. Our lawyer can assign an accurate value to your damages to help you reach a fair settlement
How Your Attorney May Calculate Your Car Accident Settlement
Attorneys enter settlement negotiations with a precise settlement figure in mind. The lawyer knows how much compensation their client deserves because they:
Calculate the Client’s Economic Damages
Car accidents generally cause economic damages that the lawyer must add up. These economic damages may include:
- Repair of a damaged vehicle
- Replacement of a totaled vehicle
- The cost of temporary transportation
- Repair or replacement of other damaged property
- Lost income
- Lost earning power
- Medical expenses
Some economic damages are easier to calculate than others. Your lawyer may add up your medical bills, calculate how much income you have lost, and identify the cost of your vehicle repairs. Other economic damages, like lost earning power, may require more complex calculations.
Calculate the Client’s Non-Economic Damages
Non-economic damages you may be able to recover include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Lost quality of life
- Depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, or any other psychological issue resulting from your accident
Because non-economic damages do not have an objective financial cost, they can be difficult to calculate on your own. Our car accident lawyer can assign a value to these damages to help you reach a fair settlement.
Account for Any Future Damages the Client Will Face
Car accidents can prevent you from working indefinitely, cause injuries that do not heal quickly, and pose other ongoing challenges. If you have damages that are still in effect, your lawyer will work to determine the future cost of those damages.
Once your lawyer has accounted for all current and future damages, they can begin negotiating for a fair settlement. If you have any other questions about your damages, how our firm calculates settlement figures, or other aspects of your case, contact us today.
For a free legal consultation, call 321-503-4014
How Else Will a Lawyer Help With Your Car Accident Claim?
Calculating and documenting damages is a significant part of a car accident claim. In addition to these responsibilities, a lawyer can also help you by:
- Managing the day-to-day duties of a claim or lawsuit: Lawsuits and insurance claims generally require daily work. From drafting documents to making phone calls and dealing with insurers or other attorneys, car accident claims require much attention. We will oversee the daily requirements of your claim or lawsuit.
- Identifying liable parties: Liable parties may compensate you for your losses, so we must identify those parties as quickly as possible. In car accident claims, a motorist is often the liable party. However, we will conduct a complete investigation to identify every liable individual.
- Pursuing evidence of negligence: We’ll seek evidence that supports your case, including any video footage, witness accounts, police reports, photographs, or other evidence proving the defendant’s negligence.
- Leading settlement negotiations: We’ll fight for the settlement you deserve. Settlement negotiations can be intimidating if you have never completed them before. You won’t have to endure this process, as our team will lead settlement talks for you.
We take car accident cases to court when it benefits our clients.
Should You Hire a Lawyer to Fight for Your Car Accident Settlement?
Some car accident victims choose to hire a lawyer to help them seek a fair settlement. You may hire an attorney to:
- Protect you from insurance companies, which may have a financial motive to pay you less than you deserve—or nothing at all
- Spare you from the stress that a car accident claim may cause
- Cover the financial costs of your claim or lawsuit
- Use their legal experience to seek the financial recovery you deserve
Our firm uses a fee structure that works for our clients. You won’t pay us anything when we accept your case. You won’t even pay for the fees and costs that your case brings. Instead, your payment will be a portion of your settlement or judgment. We’ll earn this fee by handling every step of your case.
Call Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC Today for a Free Consultation About Your Car Accident Case
Contact Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC so we can get started on your case. Our team will lead your claim so that you can turn your attention back to your recovery.
For a free consultation, call Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC today.