Often, car accidents cause physical, financial, and emotional trauma for everyone involved and many crashes result in serious injuries and sometimes disabilities. In Satellite Beach, FL alone, hundreds of car accidents occur every year. Thus, it is pretty obvious that car accidents are meant to be taken seriously.
If you or your loved one has been involved in a car accident, contact Andrew Pickett Law to help seek compensation. We understand that car accidents result in financial strain, but you don’t have to suffer alone. Your compensation claim is of paramount importance to our Satellite Beach car accident lawyers.
What to Do After an Accident in Satellite Beach, Florida
Car accidents are a traumatic experience and are among the leading causes of highway injuries in Satellite Beach. According to Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle Department, weather and road conditions, speeding, distracted and drunk driving are the contributing factors to many car accidents, resulting in up to 650 crashes per day.
You will need to present a factful case to get compensation for car accident claims. Use the following steps to ensure that you have everything required for your case.
Collect Information from the Other Party
Although you may be injured, it’s essential to have clear information about the other party or parties involved in the accident. You can seek assistance from witnesses to collect the following information about the driver:
- Name and address
- Phone number
- Driver’s license number
- Insurance details
- License plate
In the event that the present driver is not the actual car owner, get as much information as possible about the vehicle’s registered owner. In addition, enquire about the relationship between the driver and the car owner. After the emergency services respond, take note of the attending police officer’s name and the report number.
Get a Medical Evaluation
Regardless of the accident’s severity, get an immediate checkup to assess your overall well-being. After an accident, you may suffer from injuries unseen by an untrained eye and, if left untreated, could result in severe health conditions.
Seeking immediate medical care after a car accident will help you get professional documentation of your health after the accident. The documents are helpful during legal proceedings when seeking compensation.
Contact an Experienced Satellite Beach Car Accident Lawyer
After an accident, it’s important to seek the services of a car accident lawyer in Satellite Beach to help you present the best case and get the justice you deserve for your loss. Our experienced legal team at Andrew Pickett Law will work hard to present the strongest legal claim on your behalf.
Need free legal help in Florida? Call 321-617-1080 today!
What Can a Car Accident Attorney in Satellite Beach Help You With?
While you’re not legally obligated to hire a lawyer after a car accident, a Satellite Beach car accident attorney can help your case in the following ways:
- Investigating your accident – Experienced car lawyers know exactly what to look for in a car accident scene, what leads to follow, and the right questions to ask involved parties to best present your case.
- Filing your claim – The legal process of filing a claim can be complicated and requires knowledge of the law and legal procedures.
- Proving damages – Non-economic damages are difficult to prove and quantify, but lawyers know exactly how to prove and calculate damages by presenting the right evidence.
- Negotiating a better settlement – Insurance adjusters are never willing to pay the full extent of your damages. Your lawyer can advocate on your behalf to ensure you get fair compensation for all your losses.
- Represent you in court – If the defending party refuses to settle, the next course of action is to take your case to court. Your case stands a better chance of winning if presented by an experienced car accident lawyer.
Satellite Beach Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 321-503-4014
Proving Negligence in a Car Accident Case in Satellite Beach
In Satellite Beach, FL, if a person causes an accident due to negligence, they are financially liable for the victim’s accident-related losses. To succeed in a car accident negligence claim, you should prove that the at-fault party was not practicing due care while driving.
Part of the evidence collection process involves:
- Looking through traffic cameras for signs of traffic violations or reckless driving
- Investigating the other driver to find out about their health and state of mind in the events leading up to the accident
- Recording eyewitness testimonies for their first-hand account of what happened
- Looking through medical records and police reports for evidence of a DUI
- Deposing the other driver to get more information on them
Facing a legal challenge in Florida? Let us help you for free.
Contact one of our personal injury lawyers today!
Types of Damages Paid After a Car Accident
The damages you can collect after a car accident depend on the suffered losses and the specifics of your case. Below are some of the damages that you can suffer after a car accident and seek compensation.
Following a car accident, victims may end up with a permanent disability that leaves them unable to work and provide for themselves. If your injuries after an accident leave you impaired, you can recover wages you would have earned had you not been injured.
One of the easiest damages to calculate in a car accident are the medical bills which are comprised of:
- Doctor’s visits
- Hospitalization costs
- Surgery costs
- Ambulance rides
- Medication costs
- At-home care cost
- Rides to and from the hospital
- Rehabilitation bills
- Medical device cost
If your insurance company declares your vehicle a total loss, you are eligible for compensation for a new car. In addition, if your car requires repairs, you can recover from compensation to cover the bills.
Pain and Suffering
Pain and suffering are non-economic damages that you are entitled to receive compensation for. The claim can include compensation for:
- Disfigurement or disability
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Physical pain
- Loss of the ability to enjoy life
Need free legal help in Florida?
Complete a Free Case Evaluation Form
Statute of Limitations for a Car Accident in Satellite Beach, Florida
Florida’s statute of limitations for car accidents is four years. Failure to file a car accident claim within four years will forfeit your right to claim any form of compensation. However, while you may have four years to make a claim, delays can also jeopardize your case. You should always act as rapidly as possible after your accident to file a lawsuit seeking compensation.
Contact a Satellite Beach Car Accident Lawyer Today
If you have been injured in a car accident, a Satellite Beach car accident lawyer from Andrew Pickett Law can help you. We know that a car accident can change the course of your life and those around you. Contact us today to help you fight to recover from the damages caused by the accident so you can move on with your life with the needed financial support.