You’ve likely seen billboards and advertisements for personal injury attorneys, but have you ever stopped to think about in which scenarios you might actually need one? Personal injury law firms handle so many other cases besides car accidents, though that is one of the most common focus areas. Here’s a look at some of the most common instances that might require a personal injury lawyer and why it is so important that you hire one.
Types of Cases Personal Injury Attorneys Handle
Personal injury is an incredibly broad category that encompasses a wide range of scenarios, including the following:
- Severe Injury – Personal injury lawsuit settlements typically assign a dollar value to your injuries, based on the costs of your medical care and any ongoing treatments required. However, with severe injuries, your medical expenses may exceed the other party’s insurance policy limits. In cases like this, it helps to have an attorney acting on your behalf to ensure you aren’t shortchanged in terms of compensation for your injuries. There may be other options available to you to cover costs.
- Accidents Involving Multiple Parties – In some cases, you’ll only have to deal with the insurance company of the other party involved in the accident. However, other cases, particularly those involving businesses that are part of larger organizations, can involve multiple parties. Each party may attempt to assign blame to the others, making the case exponentially more complicated. It takes the skill of an experienced attorney to navigate multiple insurance policies and determine the level of responsibility of each party in order to determine your settlement. A personal injury attorney will be invaluable in this type of situation, ensuring you get the compensation you deserve, no matter which party it comes from.
- Permanent Injury Complications or Disability – Any type of injury is a horrible consequence of an accident, but some injuries have more lasting effects than others. If your injury is something that you will likely be dealing with for the rest of your life, you shouldn’t go into court without a personal injury lawyer at your side. These types of cases can be incredibly complicated, as they require forecasting your ongoing medical costs. Insurance companies will undoubtedly attempt to shortchange you in this area, so you need an attorney acting on your behalf to ensure you are compensated appropriately for your ongoing medical care needs, especially if you will be out of work temporarily or permanently.
- Insurance Complications – Insurance companies are notorious for attempting to lower your potential settlement as much as possible. They’ll often provide a low-ball offer upfront in an attempt to settle the case out of court. However, with a personal injury attorney, you may be able to achieve a settlement that is even larger, depending on the circumstances of your case. If you will be dealing with insurance companies throughout your case, you need an experienced professional to handle the details so you can get the best results possible.
- Sexual Abuse – While not all personal injury law firms handle sexual abuse cases, ours does. These types of cases can be highly emotional and stressful for victims, making it difficult to testify in court. A personal injury attorney can help work through the details of your case to tactfully and compassionately convey the key elements to the court. Your attorney can help you prepare for the rigors of the courtroom so you can present your testimony as clearly as possible.
- Wrongful Death – A wrongful death is almost always preventable, however, insurance companies and at-fault institutions often take advantage of victims and their families throughout these devastating times. Not only will hiring a personal injury attorney help you get the compensation to which you are entitled, but it will also ensure that a similar incident doesn’t happen to anyone else.
Andrew Pickett Law Is Here for You
Need free legal help in Florida? Call 321-617-1080 today!
No matter which type of injury you have sustained physically, emotionally or sexually, Andrew Pickett Law is here for you. Our team will work tirelessly on your behalf to advocate your case and achieve the most favorable result possible. We’ll do everything in our power to help get you to heal faster and get the compensation you deserve.
We invite you to get in touch with our personal injury law office for a complimentary, completely confidential consultation to discuss your case. Contact our office today online on the form below or call us to make an appointment. (321)-503-4014