Because commercial trucks are the largest vehicles on the road, they can cause serious damage to the road and life-changing injuries to road users in a crash. If you were hurt in this type of incident, you could have medical bills piling up and a long and intensive treatment schedule, forcing you to put your life on hold. You may not know where to turn or how to come up with the money to pay off all these unexpected costs.
Luckily, a Cocoa truck accident lawyer at our firm can seek a financial recovery. Andrew Pickett Law will go up against the giant insurance companies on your behalf. If we can’t settle out of court, we take no issue going to trial, as Andrew Pickett is a former prosecutor and has tried over 50 jury trials in the last ten years. You’ll be in good hands with us fighting for you.
We Serve Cocoa Truck Accident Victims on a Contingency-Fee Basis
We understand that times may be tough financially right now. Let the paralegals and the rest of the team here at Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC, take on that burden for you and serve you on a contingency-fee basis. In other words:
- Our firm will cover the costs of your case from beginning to end.
- We won’t ask for any out-of-pocket or upfront payment.
- Our attorneys don’t work at an hourly rate or retainers.
We don’t take any payment unless and until we secure a financial award for you. That way, you can save your money and avoid taking further financial risks.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Cocoa, call 321-503-4014
You Could Claim Various Damages in Your Cocoa Truck Accident Claim
The severity and effects of a truck accident usually outweigh that of a car accident. Considering the serious injuries you sustained in the truck crash, the prolonged recovery, and your compromised financial state, you may seek more compensation than a car accident victim.
Keep in mind, however, that every case is different, so we cannot guarantee a certain outcome for yours. Still, you can count on the team at Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC, to pursue the maximum amount of compensation for you. Typical damages a truck accident victims can recover include:
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Past and anticipated medical bills
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Mental anguish
- Car repair or replacement expenses
Tragically, victims succumb to their injuries suffered in a truck accident. If that was the case for you, you may have grounds to seek wrongful death damages, such as lost financial support, loss of consortium, final medical care costs, and funeral and burial expenses.
Cocoa Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 321-503-4014
Hiring Our Truck Accident Injury Attorney to Take Your Case in Cocoa
Don’t stress yourself trying to learn legal terminology, how the insurance companies work, and requesting compensation. Our Cocoa personal injury lawyer has experience with these responsibilities, so let them handle your case. They will:
- Compile evidence
- Get the crash report
- Request documentation from the trucking company, like dash cam footage, black box information, and employee records
- Name the responsible party
- Enter into settlement negotiations
- Take phone calls and emails from the other party on your behalf
- Fight for you before a jury if we cannot agree on a settlement
We also put client care at the top of our priority list. So, expect to have clear and consistent communication with us throughout your case. That means getting quick responses to your phone calls and emails.
Your Time to Seek Compensation for Your Truck Accident-Related Losses Is Limited
Filing a lawsuit may be the most suitable way for you to recover damages after a truck accident. With that, you should keep in mind that you have to adhere to certain timelines that the state imposes. According to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), you generally need to file a personal injury lawsuit within four years of the accident.
However, claimants filing a wrongful death lawsuit have less time, as Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d) usually allows two years from the day of death to take action.
There may be exceptions, but you must file your lawsuit within the allotted time. Otherwise, the court may not hear your case, which will bar you from holding the other party financially accountable for your damages.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Liable Parties in a Cocoa Truck Accident Case
When establishing who was liable for the accident, you must apply the theory of negligence. This model consists of:
- Duty of care: The other party was obligated to exercise caution to ensure your safety.
- Breach of duty: They failed to uphold this obligation and acted negligently.
- Causation: This negligence led to the truck accident.
- Damages: The accident and injuries you suffered have resulted in financial and non-financial losses.
Potential parties we could apply this standard to include:
- The truck driver: If they gave into distraction, drove intoxicated, failed to yield, or didn’t obey traffic signals or safety protocols
- The trucking company: If they didn’t enforce safety regulations, train the drivers properly, or pressured the truck drivers to ignore the Hours of Service (HOS) of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) to meet their quota, leading to driver fatigue and unsafe driving behavior
- The cargo company: If the employees didn’t check that they secured and loaded the cargo properly and the truck rolled over as a result
- The truck part manufacturer: If they manufactured defective parts (e.g., tires, brakes, etc.), which led the driver to lose control of the truck
- The maintenance company: If they didn’t check that all the components of the truck were in good working order
- A government municipality: If it didn’t remove debris from the road or fix a defective street signal, which led the driver to misjudge their maneuvers
In most cases, if an employee caused the accident, then their employer would be responsible for paying the damages. For example, if the driver didn’t yield the right of way and struck you, you would go after the trucking company for compensation. There are instances in which more than one party could hold fault for the accident, though. Your attorney will work to identify each of the parties in their investigation so that you can obtain fair compensation.
Connect with the Team at Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC, After Your Cocoa Truck Accident
Turn to Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC, after you or a loved one gets hurt in a truck accident in Cocoa. I will meet with you personally at the beginning of your case so that we can establish a trusting client-attorney relationship from the start.
Reach out to us today to meet with our paralegals and me. The initial consultation is free.