With more drivers on the roads in and around Cocoa, everyone’s chances of experiencing a car accident increase. If you find yourself the victim of a car accident in Cocoa, you are likely to need a lawyer to help you with filing an insurance claim and represent your interests against others in the case. A Cocoa car accident lawyer can help you understand your rights after a crash and the compensation that may be available to you.
What Happens After a Car Accident in Cocoa?
Car accidentscan be terrifying to experience and can cause confusion and chaos at the scene in the days and weeks that follow. No one expects to be in a motor vehicle accident, and when it happens, it can leave many people scrambling to figure out what the next step should be and how to ensure their rights are met and protected in an accident claim.
In most cases, the driving force in the resolution of a car accident case is the insurance companies. The representative for an insurer will investigate and close out a claim while trying to save the company from spending any unnecessary money, even if you might be entitled to it.
As a car accident victim, you may have little knowledge of car accident laws and insurance claims, putting you at a massive disadvantage. You may not know when you are being overlooked or taken advantage of in a case.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Cocoa, call 321-503-4014
The Benefits of Hiring a Cocoa Car Accident Attorney
Your decision on whether to hire an attorney for your case can have a major impact on the compensation that may be available to you and how an insurance company will ultimately handle your case. While having a car accident attorney in Cocoa does not guarantee that you will get the compensation you want, it is the scenario in which you are most likely to reach a resolution that meets your needs. An attorney that represents you in a car accident case can provide several advantages when dealing with the insurance companies, the parties at fault, and other parties that hold an interest in the outcome of the matter.
The benefits of having a lawyer after a car accident in Cocoa include:
- Representation of your rights and interests
- Knowledge and experience in dealing with car accident insurance claims and lawsuits
- Access to resources, experts, and the workforce to investigate and prepare a strong case
- Peace of mind for you knowing that your case is in good hands
Cocoa Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 321-503-4014
How a Car Accident Lawyer in Cocoa Can Help You with Your Case
A lawyer that you hire to represent you after a car accident can act with your interest in mind throughout an insurance claim, and a lawsuit should it become necessary. In your first meeting with your attorney, you will discuss the specifics of your case, including how the accident occurred and who may be at fault. The lawyer can then take action to alert all parties involved in the accident dispute that you are represented and begin to prepare your case.
Actions your lawyer can take to help you fight for the compensation you deserve:
- Gather available evidence, including video footage, photographs, statements, and other testimony
- Investigate the accident to make certain all parties that are potentially liable are included in the case
- Work with you to calculate the losses you have sustained and may continue to accrue in the future
- Manage communications and negotiations with the insurance company handling your claim
- Assist you with settling bills and collections related to the accident if you are given compensation
- Pursue a lawsuit if it is a necessary step to fight for the compensation you may be entitled to under the law
Possible Compensation After a Cocoa Motor Vehicle Collision
Knowing how much your case is worth and what compensation you are eligible for is not a simple problem to calculate. Accident injuries can have rippling effects on your life, such as impacting your ability to work and earn income, care for yourself and your family, and enjoyment of day-to-day activities. When your lawyer works to calculate your damages, they will not only consider the economic costs such as medical bills and damage to your vehicle but also the far-reaching losses that affect your way of life.
Damages in a car accident insurance claim can include:
- Medical bills for hospital care and doctor visits
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Future medical costs for care
- Loss of your income during missed work
- Any loss of earnings because of effects on your ability to work
- Damage to your vehicle or other personal property
- Physical pain and suffering due to the accident, injuries, and recovery
- Emotional or mental distress caused by your accident experience
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Is the Statute of Limitations in Cocoa that Applies to Automobile Accidents?
The state laws that apply to motor vehicle accidents in Cocoa restrict the amount of time a victim has to decide whether to take legal action against the parties responsible for their losses. Under Florida’s statute of limitations, a personal injury victim has just four years from the date of an accident to file a lawsuit in court against the party responsible. If a victim fails to file any action during this time, they will be unable to pursue monetary compensation in their case through the courts.
Contact Andrew Pickett Law for a Free Case Consultation
If you find yourself a victim of a motor vehicle crash in Cocoa, take the initiative to contact a Cocoa car accident lawyer at Andrew Pickett Law as soon as possible for a free evaluation of your case. During this evaluation, you can discuss your case and what rights to the compensation you may have under the law.