There is no average settlement for a traumatic brain injury case. Though law firms sometimes publish their settlements, there is no comprehensive record of results that would allow for a verified “average” settlement figure. Each case is different, and the settlement you could receive will depend on the details of your case.
Your lawyer will not need an average settlement figure to determine the proper value of your settlement. They will rely on the facts of your case and the monetary cost of your damages to calculate a fair settlement amount.
What does a Settlement for a Traumatic Brain Injury Cover?
Even though traumatic brain injuries can present similar symptoms in different victims, each injury can affect the patient’s life differently. Our team will review your case and identify all of your losses, which may include:
Pain and Suffering
Every injury causes some degree of pain and suffering. The pain and suffering can be severe in those with a brain injury, as trauma affecting your brain may:
- Change your personality
- Impair your cognitive function
- Affect your memory
- Cause depression and frequent bad moods
- Interfere with your sleep
- Cause significant pain
- Diminish your quality of life
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes that brain injuries can be abnormally costly from a healthcare perspective. The cost of your injury-related healthcare may depend on the severity of your injury and the duration of your symptoms.
Medical care for your brain injury may include:
- Observation in the emergency department
- Medical imaging
- At-home care
- Medical equipment such as a wheelchair
- Neurological testing
- Any other medical services you require for treatment or healing
These services can become expensive. Our team will work to ensure that you receive a fair settlement that covers healthcare expenses for your traumatic brain injury.
A brain injury will interfere with most types of work, whether you work behind a desk or in a labor-intensive field. Your inability to work may cause:
- Complete or partial loss of income
- Reduced earning power, as you may have to scale back your hours or change positions because of your brain injury
- Inability to earn promotions or performance bonuses
- Loss of benefits that are tied to your performance
- Loss of productivity and fulfillment
You may have losses in addition to those listed, and our team can seek fair compensation for those losses. If you suffered a brain injury in a car accident, for example, you may need temporary transportation and repairs for your vehicle. Other circumstances may cause different types of losses.
We fight for the financial settlement our clients deserve, regardless of how their brain injury happened.
For a free legal consultation, call 321-503-4014
How Can I Get a Fair Settlement for My Traumatic Brain Injury?
Our attorney will fight for fair financial recovery after your head injury. Our firm represents brain injury victims so that they can focus on their treatment, rest, and rehabilitation.
We seek settlements and judgments for our clients by:
- Identifying those who have harmed you: Any person who caused your traumatic brain injury should face accountability. We will investigate the circumstances that led to your brain injury. This investigation will help us identify all liable parties.
- Obtaining proof of negligence: Our investigation may also turn up proof of negligence. Video footage, witness accounts, and other evidence may show how liable parties caused or failed to prevent your brain injury.
- Documenting damages: Youknow your damages exist, but we’ll need to prove those damages to liable parties. Medical records, medical bills, proof of lost income, and expert testimony may help us prove your losses.
- Leading the legal process: We will handle every aspect of the legal process, including paperwork and communications. We have experience working with traumatic brain injury cases.
- Negotiating a settlement: Our case results show how effective our team is when negotiating settlements. Defendants in your case should know that we will take your case to trial if they don’t settle your case fairly, possibly leading them to offer an appropriate settlement.
- Going to trial: If the circumstances of your case lead us to trial, our team will prepare for court.
- Head injuries are serious, so we provide serious representation to victims like you.
Pay No Upfront Fees or Costs When You Hire Our Firm
A brain injury can cause significant financial stress. Our firm won’t charge you any money upfront or out of your own pocket. We look out for your financial well-being, so our attorney will only receive a payment if they get a settlement or judgment for you.
Call Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC Today for Your Free Consultation
The sooner you contact our firm, the sooner we can get started on your case. You can prioritize your recovery while our attorney starts working for you.
Call Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC today for your free consultation—no cost and no obligations.
Call or text 321-503-4014 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form