Have you recently lost a loved one to a collision in Brevard County? If so, you have legal options during this challenging time. I’m Attorney Andrew Pickett. As an experienced Melbourne fatal car accident lawyer, I’m here to guide you toward justice and closure.
With my team of caring and experienced paralegals, our firm will fight to bring you the compensation your family needs to move forward. We offer free, no-obligation case reviews where we can discuss your situation. We want to forge a relationship that yields the financial recovery you need.
No Legal Fees for Justice With Our Melbourne Personal Injury Law Firm
There is no cost to evaluate your case or begin working on your fatal car accident claim. Our law firm operates on a contingency-fee pricing arrangement. Payment is dependent on the outcome of your case. Here’s what that means for you and your family:
- You will only pay your attorney’s fees if we win your case.
- You won’t have to worry about counting billable hours or coming up with the money for a retainer.
- You will not pay any upfront fees for our legal services.
- We can allocate time and resources to begin your case right away.
Our fees are taken out of the compensation you receive if and when your case is resolved. We want to give you the best possible chance of seeking compensation––regardless of your financial standing.
For a free legal consultation with a fatal car accidents lawyer serving Melbourne, call 321-503-4014
How Our Melbourne Fatal Car Accident Attorney Can Help
It’s likely that your loved one’s car accident was caused by the negligent or reckless actions of another person. Your fatal car accident lawyer in Melbourne will file a wrongful death claim on your behalf to recover the compensation your family deserves.
Here’s what you can expect during our partnership:
We’ll Seek Appropriate Damages in a Wrongful Death Claim
Your Melbourne wrongful death attorney can help you recover damages (money owed to you for your financial and non-financial losses) for multiple items, including:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical bills your loved one accrued before their passing
- Loss of financial support provided by your loved one
- Loss of services your loved one will no longer perform at home
- Loss of care, guidance, protection, companionship, and more
- Grief or depression
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Reduced enjoyment of life
- Other emotional distress, mental anguish, and pain and suffering
The Negligent Driver Could Owe You Punitive Damages
A willful disregard for the rights, safety, and lives of others is reprehensible by most standards. This is the exact behavior that intoxicated drivers display. If your loved one passed away in a fatal car accident in Melbourne due to another driver’s intoxication, you may be entitled to punitive damages. Under Florida Statutes § 768.72, the courts can award these damages to punish offenders in certain situations. For instance, the court may levy punitive damages on a driver who chronically drinks and drives.
Your fatal car accident lawyer can advise you of the specific damages you are entitled to in your Melbourne wrongful death case. We will also guide you through the legal requirements for filing a claim.
Melbourne Fatal Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 321-503-4014
We Will Manage Your Wrongful Death Case’s Deadlines
Florida limits how long you have to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d) notes that you generally have two years to file your case. The two-year deadline begins from the date of your loved one’s passing.
Florida Statutes § 95.051 notes that some exceptions may apply, depending on the details of your loved one’s passing. For instance, if your loved one passed away in a hit-and-run collision, the state could pause your filing deadline until the at-fault driver is found.
There are many things that go into preparing and filing a wrongful death case. We recommend starting the legal process as soon as possible. If you file your case too late, the courts could dismiss it. When you partner with our injury firm, we will manage your case’s deadlines and everything they require.
Click to contact our Melbourne Car Accident Lawyers today
Your Legal Advocate is a Former Prosecutor Dedicated to Fighting for Victims and Families
As a former prosecutor, I understand the importance of meeting critical deadlines. Further, this courtroom litigation experience has enabled me to take on big insurance corporations and try to verdict more than 50 jury trials in the last 10 years.
My experience gives me unique insight into traffic accident cases like yours. We make every effort to settle with the insurance company in negotiations, but we aren’t afraid to go to trial. When you choose me as your Melbourne fatal accident attorney, I will:
- Conduct a detailed investigation of your loved one’s deadly car crash
- Gather evidence of the negligence that led to your loved one’s passing
- Determine who the liable parties are
- Compile your records to prove economic and non-economic losses
- Communicate with all parties, including the insurance company, witnesses, medical professionals, experts, and police on your behalf
- Provide consistent communication, such as frequent updates on your case
- Fight for you in court, if a lawsuit is the right path to compensation for you
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Should I Do After Losing a Loved One in Melbourne, Florida?
We want you to focus on your health and well-being after losing a loved one in Brevard County. We encourage you to spend time with your family and do things you enjoy. In regard to your case, we suggest that you:
- Consider prompt legal action
- Keep all information related to your loved one’s passing
- Limit what you share with uninvolved parties about your case
- Allow your lawyer to manage all insurance-related communications
During your free case review, our team can explain what measures could benefit your right to damages.
Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC Is Prepared to Champion Your Rights
If your loved one passed away in a Melbourne car accident, you can count on Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC. Our team is available to help you and your family recover the compensation you need to heal. Call us today to meet with me and my team of paralegals.
Call or text 321-503-4014 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form