When a passenger vehicle and an 18-wheeler collide, the aftermath could be devastating. The large-scale damage often entails debilitating, sometimes fatal injuries to the victim. You and your family could be left to endure significant financial, physical, and emotional strain from the accident. Luckily, you can seek financial help through a claim or lawsuit.
If you were involved in an 18-wheeler accident, our Titusville 18-wheeler accident lawyer is here to help you. We can hold the negligent driver and other potential at-fault parties accountable for their wrongdoings. The team at Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC can offer our experienced legal assistance to help you pursue compensation.
What Our 18-Wheeler Accident Attorneys Can Do to Help You
18-wheeler collisions can get complex, especially if more than one party is involved. You could be recovering from severe injuries, which can make the legal process difficult to navigate on your own.
Our firm is prepared to handle the entire process for you. This way, you can devote your time and resources to recovery. Our team strives to bring your case the justice it deserves.
While you recover, our Titusville truck accident lawyer can do the following to work on your case:
- Access and investigate various sources of evidence such as police reports, accident sites, medical records, photos, and videos to learn about the details of the accident
- Determine the liable party
- Prove that the defendant was negligent and show how their negligence caused your injuries
- Determine the range of compensable losses you have suffered and assign a value to them
- Collect evidence such as photographs, surveillance footage, dashboard camera footage, the truck’s black box, maintenance records, and eyewitness accounts
- File paperwork related to a claim or lawsuit against each defendant or their insurance provider
- Negotiate with the at-fault party until an agreement for a fair settlement is reached
- Take your case to trial and fight for compensation in court, if necessary
- Provide our legal services on a contingency-fee basis — you don’t owe us any payment until your case is settled
We are here to handle the entire legal process for you. Our team can use our experience to bring you the funds needed to help you get back on your feet.
For a free legal consultation with a 18-wheeler truck accidents lawyer serving Titusville, call 321-503-4014
Damages You May Recover After Your Titusville 18-Wheeler Crash
18-wheeler accident victims are entitled to recover compensation for economic and non-economic damages. If someone else caused your accident, they should be responsible for compensating you.
Some of the damages you may be able to recover after your 18-wheeler accident in Titusville include:
- Ambulance rides
- Emergency room visits
- Diagnostic tests
- Prescription medications
- Long-term disabilities
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Home or vehicle modification you had to make to accommodate a disability
- Lost income for the time you had to miss work due to recovery
- Reduced earning capacity if the injuries have caused you to work fewer hours or take an alternate job with lower pay
- Pain and suffering
- Any psychological disorders such as PTSD, depression, or anxiety
- Scarring and disfigurement
If your loved one was killed in the 18-wheeler wreck, you could be able to collect wrongful death damages such as:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of future income
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of guidance
- The decedent’s medical bills
Our attorney can review your accident to determine which losses you could recover compensation for. We will assign a value to any of your intangible losses. This way, we can seek fair financial recovery on your behalf.
Titusville 18-Wheeler Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 321-503-4014
We Can Determine Who Is Liable for Your Accident
In 18-wheeler accident cases, liability may not always be isolated to the truck driver. More than one party could be at fault.
We must prove that another party was liable for the accident before you can recover compensation. Our 18-wheeler accident lawyer in Titusville, FL, will investigate every avenue of your accident, review all the available facts, and uncover which parties could be held liable.
Some parties that may hold liability in an 18-wheeler collision are:
- Truck driver: The driver can be held liable if the accident occurred due to a negligent action, such as texting and driving, speeding, or not following traffic laws.
- Trucking company: If the trucking company violated federal trucking laws, such as not conducting background checks on the driver or pressuring drivers to operate a truck for hours beyond what’s legally allowed, they might hold the responsibility if an accident occurs.
- Cargo company: If the goods in the truck are not packed and secured properly, or if the company loaded more goods than the truck’s capacity, which resulted in the accident, we can hold the cargo company liable for their negligence.
- Truck part manufacturer: If a truck component’s malfunction played a role in causing the wreck, then the manufacturer of the part can be held liable.
- Truck inspection and maintenance company: If those responsible for regularly inspecting and servicing the truck are negligent in doing their part in the maintenance of the truck, they may also be held liable.
- Government agencies: If a road hazard, such as a broken traffic sign or lack of guardrails, contributed to the 18-wheeler accident, then a local government agency can be held liable for your injuries since they are responsible for the upkeep of highways and roadways.
Our 18-wheeler accident attorney in Titusville, FL, will study your case to uncover every potentially liable party. We can build a case to show that the liable party’s negligence was the reason you sustained injuries. We can file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurer. If they refuse to settle fairly, we can file a lawsuit for you.
Call Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC Today for Your Free Consultation
If you’re considering taking legal action to gain compensation for your injuries, reach out to Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC. We can explain your legal options for seeking justice.
During a free, no-obligation consultation, our team will discuss your accident and answer any questions you have. We can explain more about how our Titusville 18-wheeler accident attorneys can help your case.