Unlike accidents between two passenger vehicles, truck accidents can cause motorists more severe injuries and more extensive losses. A truck’s size and weight add to the impact a vehicle—and a motorist and passengers—experience in a collision.
At Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC, our Rockledge truck accident lawyers can file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit to help you recover your losses. If you lost a loved one in a truck accident, our wrongful death lawyers can also help you seek compensation and justice. You can call us now to begin your free case review.
Another Driver’s Negligence May Factor Into Your Truck Accident
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), driver errors that contributed to fatal truck accidents in 2019 included:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Improper lane usage
- Impaired driving
The FMCSA sets strict laws and regulations for truck drivers, including how long they’re able to drive in one period. When truck drivers fail to abide by these requirements, accidents can happen.
A Vehicular Malfunction May Have Caused Your Collision
Aside from driver error, issues with the truck itself may have contributed to your accident. For example, trucking companies have to conduct regular inspections and maintenance on their fleets. If a trucking company failed to do this (or failed to properly train its truck drivers), it may also bear liability for your losses. When we investigate your case, we will look for signs of negligence and other wrongdoing that caused your collision. If we find more than one party should pay for your losses, we can seek recovery from each of them.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Rockledge, call 321-503-4014
We Will Prove Negligence Using Your Case’s Evidence
Various documents and information from the scene of the accident can support your claim for compensation. Our Rockledge truck accident attorneys may obtain:
- The official police report
- Black box data from the truck
- Traffic camera footage
- Eyewitness testimony
- The truck driver’s records and logbook
- The truck’s inspection and maintenance reports
- Photos of the vehicles’ damage and the accident scene
We leave no stone unturned when conducting our investigation. This way, we can get to the bottom of what happened and hold the liable parties accountable.
We Can Prove the Four Elements of Negligence
Once we have compiled enough supporting evidence, we will establish the four elements of negligence. To hold another party accountable, we will work to show:
- Another party, such as the truck driver or their employer, owed you a duty of care.
- This party breached their duty of care through some action or inaction.
- This negligent act or failure to act caused or contributed to your accident.
- You suffered injuries and losses as a result of the accident.
Insurers may try to blame you for what happened, hoping to minimize how much they owe you. If this happens, we can use evidence to counter these allegations. Still, if the insurer refuses to settle, we have no problem representing you at trial.
Rockledge Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 321-503-4014
We Will Seek Compensation for Truck Accident Injuries and Losses
You deserve fair compensation for your injury-related losses. We can determine what you deserve by compiling your receipts and consulting with experts who can help us determine your future expenses.
In general, we can pursue awards for:
- Your current and future medical bills, including the cost of medical equipment and in-home modifications your injuries require
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering for your physical pain and emotional anguish
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Permanent disability
- Loss of quality of life
Wrongful Death-Related Damages
When truck accidents turn fatal, surviving family members can seek justice through a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. We can pursue awards that can help your family cope in the absence of your loved one.
We can pursue:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of inheritance
- Loss of consortium
- Your loved one’s medical bills
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering
- Your lost wages (if you took time off work to tend to your loved one before their passing)
You deserve to grieve with your family in peace, not hassle with the legal process. Our Rockledge truck accident lawyers can handle your wrongful death case so you can properly honor your loved one’s memory.
Why Work With Our Rockledge Truck Accident Attorneys?
Our lead attorney, Andrew Pickett, is a former prosecutor and has tried over 50 jury trials to verdict in the past ten years. He personally meets with each client to establish a relationship and answer any questions they may have. Our team of experienced paralegals promptly responds to emails and phone calls so our clients can stay updated on their cases’ progression.
Our case results also speak to our dedication to accident victims. We have secured million-dollar settlements and verdicts for our previous clients, and now, we want to see how we can help you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Clients Share Their Feedback with Our Firm
When asked about their experiences working with our truck accident team, some previous clients say:
- “Andrew took on my case soon after my accident and I knew right then he was the right person to represent me. His professionalism is top notch, he always responded to my inquires and made me feel comfortable when I did not understand the legal issues at hand. Andrew’s courtroom performance was beyond excellent (as noted by multiple judges and lawyers) as he won my case.” ––D.K.
- “Andrew Pickett was very helpful after I was hit from behind at a red light. The stress of dealing with insurance companies in addition to the numerous doctors appointments was becoming overwhelming. Andrew and his staff helped ease that burden so I could focus on just getting better.” ––R.B.
Our Rockledge Truck Accident Team Is Ready to Help
After a truck accident, you deserve to rest and recuperate. When you work with Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC, you can focus on your health and pursue fair compensation for your losses. Our personal injury attorneys handle truck accident cases, and we can begin working on yours immediately.
We do not charge upfront fees to start a case, and we only take our payment from the potential compensation we win for you. To start your free, no-obligation consultation, call us today.