There is no average settlement for a back injury because every injury differs. The circumstances of your back injury will determine what you can recover. Factors that may affect your settlement include the severity of your injuries, your pre-injury income, your medical bills, and how much pain and suffering you endured.
An attorney from our firm can calculate the value of your back injury case once we learn more about your injury and resulting damages. This value can be used to help you reach a fair settlement agreement to cover the costs associated with your injury.
Damages Resulting from a Back Injury
When an attorney creates a settlement demand, they base it on the client’s damages. Those who suffer back injuries may have several recoverable damages, including:
- Pain and suffering: Back injuries may cause intense pain, restrict movement, and diminish one’s quality of life. This can feel extremely distressing, and may even cause conditions like depression. We can recover compensation to reflect any pain and suffering you have experienced.
- Medical expenses: StatPearlsexplains that back pain is one of the most common reasons why patients seek medical attention. Frequent visits to the doctor might cause your medical bills to pile up. You may receive coverage for emergency treatment, hospitalization, specialist visits, and any other medical services for your back injury.
- Work-related damages: A back injury that prevents you from working may cost you income, bonuses, earning power, employer-matched retirement contributions, and other professional benefits.
You may also have property damage, as victims of motor vehicle accidents often do. Our injury attorney will examine your case to identify all of your damages.
How Much Is a Back Injury Settlement Worth?
Just as we do not have average settlement figures for a back injury, we can’t project your settlement value without more information. Several factors may affect the value of a back injury settlement, including:
- The type of back injury you have suffered, as a paralyzing back injury may be more serious and costly than a less severe injury (though any back injury case warrants examination by a lawyer)
- Your pre-injury earnings, which will determine how much income you lose when you miss work
- The specific financial cost of your back injury-related damages
- The duration of your injury symptoms
Our team analyzes each back injury individually. Our experienced team will help you determine the fair value of your back injury settlement.
For a free legal consultation, call 321-503-4014
How an Attorney from Our Firm Can Seek Compensation for Your Back Injury
An attorney from our firm will handle your insurance claim or lawsuit in its entirety. We represent a diverse array of back injury victims, including those with injuries from:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
We fight for those who have back injuries resulting from another party’s negligence. Our team will handle all the legal aspects of your claim, including:
Valuation of Your Damages
We need to know what damages you have suffered and how much those damages have cost you. This includes any future damages that you may suffer.
An attorney must value their client’s damages accurately. Our firm has checks and balances to ensure that we’ve accounted for all of your damages. An inaccurate valuation of the full cost of a client’s losses could place the client at great financial risk. We understand how to calculate all of your damages accurately.
Identification of Liable Parties
Our legal team will identify all liable parties in your case. Sometimes the party who caused your injury acted with negligence, which means they failed to uphold the expected level of care. In cases like yours, negligence results in serious injury.
Possible liable parties might include:
- An employer whose employee caused your back injury, perhaps through a motor vehicle accident
- A distracted or drunk driver who caused a car accident
We are happy to answer any questions that you have, but you can leave the legal details to us.
Our team will discuss any settlement offers with you, and advise you about whether an offer is fair. You ultimately decide whether to accept or decline a settlement offer.
Our team goes to trial regularly. If going to court is the best move for our client, we don’t hesitate.
Call Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC Today to Discuss Your Case for Free
Back injuries are often debilitating. You deserve compensation for medical bills, lost income, and other economic and non-economic losses if someone else caused your injury. Let us fight for your financial recovery. After we have investigated your accident, we can determine a fair settlement value for your case.
Call Andrew Pickett Law, PLLC today for your free consultation.